Okay guys, I’m going to get serious for a minute.
If you’re not in Ireland at the moment, you may not know about the situation regarding the laws on abortion. It is completely illegal, even in cases of rape, incest, fatal foetal abnormality, and other such things.
Women have died in this country because inability to have an abortion put strain on their health. A woman who wasn’t even Irish begged for an abortion because her child was about to die in the womb. The complications arising from her case resulted in her contracting septicaemia, organ failure, and tragically dying.
In 1992, the X Case took place, involving a 14-year-old girl, knowns only as x, who became pregnant after being raped. Instead of offering help to the girl, who because suicidal, they prevented her from travelling out of the country for an abortion.
Any Irish woman* who needs an abortion has to travel to the UK, which means if you don’t have the money, you’re out of luck. What does the Irish Government have to say about this?
Well, recently the UN confronted the Government about our abortion laws, pointing out that we were breaking Human Rights laws, and that the Government treated Irish women* like vessels.
Joan Burton, the Tánaiste, said that there will be no referendum on abortion in this Government’s lifetime. They’re literally saying that they don’t care enough to rectify Human Rights breaches.
I am NOT a vessel, and neither are you. Make your voice heard. Come to the March for Choice on the 27th of September in Dublin.
Never give up, never stay quiet.
This has only been up since last night and LADS, the NOTES. Keep spreading the word!
I am Canadian, and I’m sorry to say until I read this I didn’t know anything about what you women were going through.
This is completely disgusting, I can’t even believe what you’re going through.
And I wish I could come out there and march with you.
But I don’t have the money so I can’t.
But I’m going to keep reblogging this, and sharing it.
And I hope all my followers will too.
This is important people, no matter what gender you are or what country you’re in, everyone deserves their basic human rights, and we need to stand together until this becomes a reality.
So please spread the word for these women.
Be lucky you’re in Ireland though, the situation is 10X worse the the “progressive” United States. Just look at places like Texas or Ohio. It’s fucking inhumane here.
Okay Leigh, I don’t think you understand what the words “outright ban” mean.
Ireland has an outright ban on abortion. That means that under ZERO circumstances can a person who is pregnant obtain an abortion for ANY reason.
The state of Texas does NOT have an outright ban on abortion. Yes, you have to jump through legal hoops and consent to various invasive procedures, and it is very expensive to do so, but it is technically possible.
- Number 1
Survived the first week of classes
I’m kinda ready to tell my family about my second sexual assault experience but I’m also nervous and it’s my dad’s birthday so I’ll wait
Crystals can form at the bottom of your vial of testosterone if it becomes too cold. Here are some tips for storing your T vials.
- Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F) ex; bedroom, bathroom
- Store out of direct sunlight. I store all my HRT paraphernalia in a cigar box.
- If crystals occur, warming and shaking the vial should redissolve any crystals.
Aug. 27 1:35 pm
- Mike Brown’s mom laid flowers where he was shot and police let a dog pee on the memorial site
- “Stand Up Against Racism" demonstration outside US Embassy in London
- Police claim to have no records of arrests of journalists
- Illinois school bans discussions of Mike Brown’s death
- Gov. Nixon introduces new Public Safety Director
- Push for police to wear body cameras continues
- Jon Stewart on Ferguson
That was the jon stewart that made me cry! :D Watch it!!
I just want a nice romantic dinner
true as fuck zodiac - prominent features
- aries: so fucking stubborn. they will hold a grudge til the end of time
- taurus: they are fucking nerds.
- gemini: defo the random outbursts
- cancer: rudeness. so fucking rude. god damn.
- leo: they're about 4'9"
- virgo: they don't want to talk to you at all
- libra: weird ass laugh
- scorpio: the fact that you can directly see hell in their eyes
- sagittarius: fuckin strange ass humor
- capricorn: creepy fucking smile
- aquarius: kinda givin off a gay vibe
- pisces: p conceited and that shit is not confidence as they may think it is
Sgt. Thomas McVicar of the Jersey City Police Department shot 22 year old Kwadir Felton, leaving him blind, after Kwadir pulled a gun on him, he claims. Kwadir Felton denied the accusation, stating that he doesn’t even carry guns.
"I don’t understand!" Felton yelled at a police officer before his mother was removed from the courtroom. "You didn’t have to shoot me in the head for no reason! You trying to charge me with something I didn’t do!"
Sign the Change.org petition and get this story out there.
SIGN THE PETITION. Still at least 1,000 signatures needed. SIGNAL BOOST THIS or i will judge you.
This post has 140k notes, yet the change.org petition only has 44k. Sign the damn petition!
This broke my fucking heart.
hey this needs about 16k more signatures